SCM Hospitality Support Staff
Deadline to Apply: October 1, 2018
Volunteer Category: Adults (25+), Former Youth in Care (25+)
Overnight Hospitality Support Staff play a crucial role at the SCM—not only are you viewed as a role model but your presence and energy help to establish a safe and comfortable space for the participants. You serve as an extra set of eyes and hands for the staff team and to make sure all participants are safe and comfortable in the designated areas that are open all night.
As a designated support person, you agree to remain awake and available for support in the Hospitality Suite(s) for the hours it is to remain open to participants. In addition to being available for support, you are also responsible for ensuring the participants are respecting the camp and each other during the night. You will also be responsible for all first-aid incidents that may occur after 8:00pm. All Hospitality Support Staff will be the main staff on from 8pm to 8am and will be the designate “go-to” staff for the participants for any questions they may have, concerns and support.
In the event of a crisis during the hours of 6:00pm – 8:00am, You will be responsible for immediately reporting to designated FBCYICN staff.
Hospitality staff receive a $400 honorarium plus reimbursement for any travel expenses to and from the camp including Mileage.
A current criminal record check required that is less than two years old. FBCYICN will cover costs of criminal record checks.
There are two different time slots available: 6:00 PM- 4:00 AM and 10:00 PM- 8:00 AM. Each hospitality person will work two shifts of their time slot, one per night.
6:00 PM- 4:00 AM
Shift 1: Friday, October 19 at 6:00 PM to Saturday, October 20 at 4:00 AM
Shift 2: Saturday, October 20 at 6:00 PM to Sunday, October 21 at 4:00 AM
10:00 PM- 8:00 AM
Shift 1: Friday, October 19 at 10:00 PM to Saturday, October 20 at 8:00 AM
Shift 2: Saturday, October 20 at 10:00 PM to Sunday, October 21 at 8:00 AM
Supervising Staff: Shannon Dolton
To apply please send your resume to Shannon Dolton, Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com or call 604-527-7762 if you have any questions.
All adults attending will need to take on various roles from this list.
- Main staff from 8pm to 8am (FBCYICN Staff will remain awake until 12am)
- Positive role model and support for participants (i.e.: making sure participants feel safe, welcomed and engaged with other participants)
- Organize and help with camp clean-ups
- Cabin Wake-ups and Night-time cabin checks (Cabin wake-up times will be on agenda)
- Setting up evening activities and special events
- Coordinate and facilitate evening activities and free time activities
- Main staff for all crises that might occur in the evenings
- Will be responsible for connecting with Chris and Jules in the mornings, to update them on who might have stayed up all night, and if any problems occurred
- Assistant first-aider (must have valid first-aid certificate)
- All activities (crafting, games) is put away by no later than 3am and all participants are encouraged to try to get some sleep – After 3am there is nothing for them to really do
- Any young people who decide to stay up but are falling asleep in the hospitality area are then told to go to bed
- Making sure all participants are respecting each other, following our code of conduct and camp guidelines
Skills/Knowledge we’re looking for:
- Experience working with young people
- Passion about the FBCYICN mission and values
- Depending on the role: driver’s license, crisis training, first aid training