If you are reading this post, then you have probably already noticed that things are looking pretty different here at www.fbcyicn.ca! We are very pleased to announce that after many months of planning and preparation, the new website has launched!
Fed staff worked closely with young people, board members and our web developers at Affinity Bridge, to provide a much-needed update to the existing site. The goal was to build an engaging, functional website that makes it easy to see the supports we offer, how to get involved and how to connect with us, while also doing a better job at demonstrating the impact of the work that we do. The site's new look is designed to strike a balance between professional and youth friendly in the hope that it will appeal equally to young people and adults looking for information and resources.
Here is a handy list of some pages that you may want to bookmark on your browser:
- News - Check our news page for Fed updates and news related to youth in and from care across BC!
- Volunteer postings - See all of our latest volunteer opportunities in one place and apply online.
- What we offer - Click here to see a list of all of our programs, and click on the menu links to learn more.
- Resources - Our resources page is an archive of our publications and materials from other community partners.
- Ways to give - Our online donations page connected to CanadaHelps. Donate today and support young people in and from care in BC!
This is only a short list! Please explore the site on your own and be sure to get in touch with any comments or suggestions about how we can make it better and keep checking back because we will continue to update the site with new stories, postings and opportunities as they come up!
The new site may be live, but our digital update at the Fed is not done! We will be continuing to work with Affinity Bridge on our internal database and hope to wrap up the final phase of the rebuild in the next few months.