As a youth-driven organization, we provide programs and services as directed by our youth membership. We try to ensure that most of our programs are available province-wide, and we strive to not duplicate other services that are already available in the province for young people.
Our programs and services fall into one of three categories:
Connect: young people coming together in a safe, supportive environment for friendship, to meet supportive adults, and to engage in exciting opportunities.
Empower: young people coming together to explore and develop their skills and talents, and receive one-to-one support.
Areas that are currently important for youth in care that we are working on are:
- Transitions in and out of care, and through various life stages
- Permanency, family connections and belonging
- Education for youth in and from care
- Uniting youth in care and their voices
- Participation of young people in decisions that impact them
- Culture, identity and stigma of youth in care
- Mental and emotional well-being
- Rights of youth in care
- Celebrating and connecting as family