Help plan the Fed's BC Child and Youth in Care Week Event!
Stand with children and youth in and from government care by celebrating BC Child and Youth in Care Week (BCCYICW) from May 31- to June 6, 2021!
Now in its 11th year, BCCYICW celebrates and acknowledges the resiliency, diversity, talents and accomplishments of young people in and from government care and their challenging journeys.
We're looking for youth across BC to help support the brainstorming, planning, and execution of the Fed's virtual BCCYICW 2021 events!
Deadline to apply: March 17, 2021
Start Date: March 23, 2021
End Date: June 8, 2021
- 1 hour virtual meetings every two weeks, starting Tuesday, March 23, 2021 from 10-11 AM
- Support the events during various times (most likely evenings) May 31- June 4, 2021
- Attend a debrief meeting on June 8, 2021 from 10-11am
This volunteer opportunity is open to:
- Youth in and from care (14-24)
- Fed Alumni (25+)
Location: Province-wide via Teams
- Attend weekly Fed BCCYICW Youth Planning Meetings
- Work with other youth and Fed staff to brainstorm, plan and execute virtual Federation of BC Youth in Care Networks BCCYICW events throughout BCCYICW 2021
- Help promote BCCYICW in your communities
- Raise awareness and celebrate the amazing achievements of youth in and from care across BC
Your Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work with others in a supportive and positive way
- Able to follow through on timelines and agreed upon commitments
- Able to deal with conflict (for example, respectfully working through any disagreements that might come up)
Training Provided and Required
- History of BCCYICW including how this week was created
- Training on facilitating virtual events as needed depending on plans for the week
What You'll Get
- Youth (ages 14- 24) volunteer hours counted towards honorarium (every 5 hours means a $25 cheque or gift card from us!).
- An opportunity to help guide the work of the Fed and make important decisions that affects young people in and from care
- Receive an acknowledgement in Power Pages magazine
- Reference letter if requested
Interested? Contact Steve Smith, Program Coordinator at by March 17 at:
Cell Phone: 604-353-3508
Facebook: Steve Smith Work