Help plan the Fed's BC Child and Youth in Care Week Event!
Stand with children and youth in and from government care by celebrating BC Child and Youth in Care Week (BCCYICW) from June 1-7, 2020!
Now in its tenth year, BCCYICW celebrates and acknowledges the resiliency, diversity, talents and accomplishments of young people in and from government care and their challenging journeys.
The Fed is looking for youth across BC who are interested in helping to support the brainstorming planning and execution of the Feds virtual BCCYICW 2020 events.
Deadline to apply: Ongoing! Connect with Steve (info below) to get involved at any time!
Start Date: May 4
End Date: June 12
This volunteer opportunity is open to:
- Youth in and from care (14-24)
- Fed Alumni (25+)
Location: Province-wide via Zoom
- Attend weekly Fed BCCYICW Planning Meetings
- Work with other youth and Fed Staff to brainstorm, plan and execute virtual Federation of BC Youth in Care Networks BCCYICW events throughout BCCYICW 2020
- Help promote BCCYICW in your communities
- Raise awareness and celebrate the amazing achievements of youth in and from care across BC
Your Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work with others in a supportive and positive way
- Able to follow through on timelines and agreed upon commitments
- Able to deal with conflict (for example, respectfully working through any disagreements that might come up)
Training Provided and Required
- History of BCCYICW including how this week was created
- Training on facilitating virtual events as needed depending on plans for the week
What You'll Get
- Youth volunteer hours counted towards honorarium (Every 20 hours means a $100 from us!)
- An opportunity to help guide the work of the Fed and make important decisions that affects young people in and from care
- Receive an acknowledgement in Power Pages magazine
- Reference letter if requested
Interested? Contact Steve Smith, Program Coordinator at:
Cell Phone: 604-353-3508
Facebook: Steve Smith Work