Donate to Holiday Care Kits
Want to spread some holiday cheer in the care community this year? Donate to Holiday Care Kits! Any donation helps us reach our goal of 500 kits! We will be able to provide a tax receipt for anything over $10.00 upon request.
A $50 donation will cover a kit for one young person, but any amount helps!
Pledge a Commitment
Want to impact more of BC’s young people from care? Organize with your workplace or community to pledge to raise a certain amount of funds or to cover a certain number of kits (each kit costs $50 to build and ship).
Complete the pledge form and we’ll send you a pledge tracking poster for you to show the progress you're making towards your goal!
How to Donate
- Donate via Canada Helps at https://fbcyicn.ca/ways-give
- You can mail us a cheque with a note to indicate it is for the Holiday Care Kits at 500-625 Agnes St, New Westminster V3M 5Y4
- You can drop off cash at our office (address above). To ensure your donation reaches us safely, please do not put cash in the mail.
- Another way you can contribute is to donate gift cards or items for kits. You can send or arrange a time to drop off items below. Please drop off donated items by November 26 so we can ensure they'll be included in the kits.
- Gift cards (small amounts like $5 or $10)
- E-gift cards (firstname.lastname@example.org) (small amounts like $5 or $10)
- Items for the Kits (please note there is a weight restriction of 11lbs for each kit)
- Suggested item ideas:
- Earbud headphones
- Notebooks and journals
- Coloring books
- Writing supplies
- Fidget toys
- Hand warmers
- Hot chocolate or tea
- Portable charging banks
- Small games
Another way you can help is to help spread the word about this important project so please share in all the ways you can! If you have any questions or would like to make arrangements for your donation, please contact us at email@example.com or call 604-527-7762. We are grateful for anything you might be able to do this year to make the holiday season a little bit more special for youth in and from care.